Organic sea buckthorn plants are our company's main product, and our plants form commercial gardens throughout the Baltics, Finland, and France. Over two generations, we have developed techniques for growing seedlings, gentle plants digging, and a quality sorting process. Over the years, we have built up and expanded our mother plant fields to produce high-quality planting material every spring.
When you buy sea buckthorn plants from AUST, you also receive an EU plant passport and an organic certificate. If necessary, we can arrange delivery of the plants.
To calculate the number of buckthorn plants you need, consider the following parameters:
- Planting distance between rows - 4 metres (can be 3 m if narrow-row cultivation)
- Planting distance - 2 metres between plants (for optimum sun exposure of bushes)
- Preferred planting direction: north to south (for a uniform crop)
- Free or tractor turning zone at field ends - 8 metres
- The optimum number of plants per 1 ha is 1,250 pcs.
- 1 male plant (pollinator) per 8-10 female plants
Available for booking:
- One-year-old bare-roots - sizes L and M
* In commercial gardens, one-year-old bare-root plants in size L are most often planted - this is the optimum price/size ratio. M-size seedlings will be cheaper but may have a higher drop-out rate in the first year, but this option is also quite often chosen for financial reasons or simply because there are no other seedlings available. Easiest/cheapest to transport.
- Two-year-old bare-roots - XXL size
* Plants will be more expensive than one-year-old seedlings, but you will save a whole year of fertilising, pruning, watering, mowing, trimming, maintaining the border, etc. And you will harvest one year earlier.
- Two-year-old container plants - XXL size
* The main advantage is that they can be planted out of pots at any time, whereas bare-root plants are planted only in spring, as soon as the ground thaws. Plus all the other bonuses for two-year-old bare-roots.